I like to have white or ambient noise playing while I study, so I thought I’d share a list of my favourite websites in case anyone else was interested.
- Rainymood - Allows you to play rain, with suggestions of ambient music to play at the same time. Has an iOS and Android app, my personal favourite.
- Calm - A visually beautiful website. Provides moving backgrounds and an option for guided calm which allows you to immerse yourself in the music and to relax. Has a free app for iPhone. Another one of my favourites.
- Showertime - The experience of taking a shower without the water. Allows you to control features such as length of shower, size of room, water pressure, etc.
- Coffitivity - The background noise of a coffee shop. Allows you to choose between different locations such as lunchtime lounge, morning murmur etc. Has an app for iOS and Android as well as a desktop app for OS X.
- Soundrown - A website with a sleek minimalist design, allows you to choose between rain, coffee shop, ocean, fire, bird noises, or a combination of the five.
- Relaxing Snow - Visually beautiful falling snow, the website gives you the opinion to play music with the scenery, or to choose your own.
- Raining.Fm - This website gives you the ability to adjust the rain to exactly how you’d like it, with options to tweak thunder, rain and storm noises. Has an app for iOS and Android, as well as a timer and snooze option.
- Rain For Me - Simple rain effects with the option to download the audio files for offline listening.
- Snowy Mood - Inspired by Rainy Mood, this website really makes you feel like it’s winter. Perfect for playing while snuggled up in a warm bed.
- Rainy Cafe - Combines the sounds of a bustling cafe setting with the sounds of drizzling rain. Allows you to select the volume of each setting, or turn one off completely.
Nature Sounds For .Me— lets you make your own soundscape with birds, purring, chimes, rain, bees, all kinds of stuff, and you can save it too. Listening to purring is good when you’re anxious.
is there some way i can screencap this entire episode because really
WAY TO FUCKING GO LONDO. JUST FUCKED EVERYTHING RIGHT UP FROM THE BEGINNING. AWESOME.
(peter jurasik is an amazing actor and it really shows in this scene—the look of dawning horror on londo’s face is perfect)
Honestly this is one of the most heartbreaking scenes in all of B5. G’Kar opening his heart in this scene is like Hitchcock’s Bomb under the Desk, and Jurasik’s face just hammers that home.
And this, right here, is one of the scenes that makes me go back to that show time and time again. The depth of tragedy is rarely seen on TV and, more rarely, graced by such fabulous performances.
“My happiest memories are from when I was growing up in South Carolina. I remember sitting in the kitchen, waiting on breakfast and listening to the coffee perkin’. My grandmother had her own garden, and my grandfather had his own grocery store, so we always had fresh vegetables and grits and bacon and eggs. That was a big deal back then in the 50’s— for a black man to own a grocery store. If someone needed credit, my grandfather would just write their name in a book. And if they couldn’t pay, he’d just forget about it. He was shorter than I was, and very quiet. But everybody respected him. He used to walk to the store every morning before dawn, with a 38’ in his hand. Every night he’d walk home with that same gun in his hand. Even the white delivery men called him Mr. Robinson. MISTER Robinson.”
GIVE ME THESE. GIVE. GIVE ME THEM.
I have never needed something so much
This would suck no lie you sit on the bus playing some tunes and turn your head the man next to you gets gored in the eye no thanks not worth the aesthetic
take out the weak